Definition of cumene hydroperoxide
: an oily liquid made by oxidation of cumene with air and used as a polymerization catalyst (as in making synthetic rubber) and as a source material for the production of phenol and acetone
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game