culpa levis in abstractonoun
culpa levis in ab·strac·to | \ -ˌinəbzˈtrak(ˌ)tō, -ˌiˌnab-, -bˈst-\
Definition of culpa levis in abstracto
Roman & civil law
: ordinary negligence arising from the failure to exercise the very high degree of care that men of good business or very prudent persons would exercise under all the circumstances
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?