Definition of cuckoo shrike
: any of numerous Old World birds somewhat like flycatchers in habits constituting the family Campephagidae but formerly often included in the family Laniidae and differing from the true shrikes especially in their undulating flight resembling that of the cuckoo
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game