Definition of Cuba
1 island in the West Indies north of the Caribbean Sea and south of the U.S. (Florida) area 41,620 square miles (107,800 square kilometers)
2 country largely coextensive with the island of Cuba; a republic with its capital at Havana area 42,803 square miles (110,860 square kilometers), population 11,116,000
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game