cryp·to·zoa | \ ˌkriptəˈzōə\
Definition of cryptozoa
1 : the animals that live a cryptobiotic life among the organic debris of a forest floor
2 : structures in Precambrian rocks thought to be the remains of primitive life — compare cryptozoon
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game