cry out against (something)idiom
Definition of cry out against (something)
: to say publicly that (something) is wrong or unfair : to protest (something) People around the world are crying out against the government's civil rights abuses.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game