Definition of crowning glory
: the most interesting or important thing that something or someone has to offer The town's crowning glory is its old cathedral. He intends this movie to be the crowning glory of his career as a filmmaker.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game