cross upphrasal verb
crossed up; crossing up; crosses up
Definition of cross up
1 : to make (someone) confused The team crossed up their opponent by throwing the ball instead of running it.
2 : to ruin (something) completely His failure to meet the deadline crossed up the deal.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game