cross upphrasal verb
Definition of cross up
1 : to make (someone) confused The team crossed up their opponent by throwing the ball instead of running it.
2 : to ruin (something) completely His failure to meet the deadline crossed up the deal.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game