cross my heartidiom
variants: or cross my heart and hope to die
Definition of cross my heart
—used to stress that one is telling the truth and will do what he or she promises I'll clean my room tomorrow—cross my heart.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- The Exceptions Quiz III Take the quiz
- Musical Words Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game