croo·mia | \ ˈkrümēə\
Definition of croomia
1 capitalized : a genus of herbs (family Stemonaceae) of the southern U.S. having horizontal rootstocks, leaves near the top of the stem, and nodding flowers
2 plural -s : a plant of the genus Croomia
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?