critical flicker frequencynoun
variants: or critical fusion frequency
Definition of critical flicker frequency
: the threshold at which light from an intermittent source is seen half the time as flickering and half the time as fused or continuous
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game