cri·bo | \ ˈkrē(ˌ)bō\
Definition of cribo
: a large harmless snake (Drymarchon corais corais) that is closely related to the North American indigo snake and widely distributed in the West Indies and tropical America where it is of some importance as a destroyer of venomous snakes
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game