Definition of crested cariama
: a cariama (Cariama cristata) of the campos of southern Brazil that is yellowish gray mottled with dark brown on the back and somewhat striped below and has a large frontal crest of stiff filamentous feathers
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game