cre·pis | \ ˈkrēpə̇s \
Definition of crepis
1 capitalized : a genus of herbs (family Compositae) with alternate or basal chiefly pinnatifid leaves and heads of yellow or orange colored flowers — see hawk's-beard
2 crepis plural : a plant of the genus Crepis
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game