Definition of crazy top
: any of several plant diseases in which the top growth undergoes characteristic alteration: such as
a : a disease of citrus that occurs on alkaline soils, that is marked by loss of mature leaves, stiff brushy terminal growth, and abnormal fruits, and that may be related to or a form of stubborn disease
b : a disease of corn that is probably due to a virus and that is characterized by the appearance of vegetative shoots often in bunches in place of floral organs
c : a disease of almonds that is probably caused by a virus and is characterized by growth failure of many flower and leaf buds resulting in a sparse open tree with little fruit
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game