cover intotransitive verb
Definition of cover into
1 : to transfer to : enter into the receipt records of : assign to the control of funds covered into the treasury by the bill
2 : to cause to be included or embraced within or under a particular system or category the power to cover into the civil service any minor government office
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game