couple withphrasal verb
coupled with; coupling with; couples with
Definition of couple with
: to join or combine (something) with (something else) The exhibit couples poems with paintings. —usually used as (be) coupled with An oil spill coupled with strong winds brought disaster.The team's win, coupled with a loss by their rivals, put them in first place.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game