variants: or counter-strategy
plural counterstrategies or counter-strategies
Definition of counterstrategy
1 : a strategy that counters another strategy … weighed the possibilities of what his enemy's next move might be before deciding on his next counterstrategy.— Stormie Filson
2 : a strategy developed to counter something As individuals began to control information and images in the age of the Internet, political circles have developed a media counterstrategy in response to rapidly changing public opinion.— Kim Yujin
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game