variants: or counter-response
plural counterresponses or counter-responses
Definition of counterresponse
: a response that is a reply or reaction to a previous response GE would then have two weeks to issue a counter-response.— Clarence Fanto Retaliation is only likely to provoke a counterresponse. In that regard, escalation may prove to be to Russia's advantage.— Harlan Ullman … supporters on social media have developed their own counterresponse to the protests, mocking them …— Craig Gilbert specifically, law : a response to a responsive pleading The Defendant has filed a Response to the Motion for Reconsideration and the Plaintiff has filed a Counter-Response. — In re Bent
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?