variants: or counter-rally
plural counterrallies or counter-rallies
Definition of counterrally
: a rally staged to counter or oppose another rally Tens of thousands of Albanian opposition supporters marched peacefully through the capital Friday…. The governing Democrats cancelled initial plans for a counterrally of their own last month. — Associated Press
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?