variants: or counter-mobilization
plural countermobilizations or counter-mobilizations
Definition of countermobilization
: a mobilization in opposition to something … some argue that the southern white countermobilization to civil rights was actually weaker and declined sooner than what might have been expected.— Joseph E. Luders … he opposed a school-choice referendum favored by conservatives because he feared it would spark a labor countermobilization …— Jonathan Chait
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game