coun·ter·lath | \ "+ˌ- \
Definition of counterlath
(Entry 1 of 2)
1 : a batten laid lengthwise between two rafters to afford a bearing for laths laid crosswise
2 : any lath laid without actual measurement between two gauged laths
3 : any of a series of laths nailed to the timbers to raise the sheet lathing above their surface to afford a key for plastering
4 : one of many laths used in preparing one side of a partition or framed wall when the other side has been covered in and finished
\ " \
Definition of counterlath (Entry 2 of 2)
: to furnish with counterlaths
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game