variants: or counter-interpretation
plural counterinterpretations or counter-interpretations
Definition of counterinterpretation
: an alternative or contradictory interpretation … pretests were administered and the data were adjusted … to rule out a counterinterpretation that differences between groups … were due to initial differences and not to the treatment effect …— Youxiang Mao and Dorothy B. Zakrajsek
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Registering the Politics of 'Register'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/11/19
- Minding 'Never mind' and 'Nevermind'
- A Brief on 'Brief' and 'Debrief'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game