counted toward/towards; counting toward/towards; counts toward/towards
Definition of count toward/towards
: to have value as a credit or payment in relation to (something) The credits you earned for this class count toward your degree. —often used as (be) counted toward/towardsFifty dollars will be counted towards your next bill.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Words We're Watching: 'Criming'
- 'Party': A Word for One or Many
- 8 Colors from the Bigger Crayon Box
- Merriam-Webster Recommends: Books to Read While You're Hunkered Down
Ask the Editors
- Name that Thing: Flower Edition Take the quiz
- March 2020 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game