count (someone) inidiom
Definition of count (someone) in
: to plan to include (someone) in an activity : to consider (someone) as one of the people who will be doing something "Do you want to go to the beach with us?" "Yes! Count me in!"
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game