variants: or less commonly coumarone resin
Definition of coumarone-indene resin
: any of a group of thermoplastic resins obtained by polymerization of mixtures of coumarone and indene (as those obtained from solvent naphtha) and used chiefly in coatings, paints, printing ink, and asphalt tile
— called also paracoumarone-indene resin
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game