variants: or less commonly coumarone resin
Definition of coumarone-indene resin
: any of a group of thermoplastic resins obtained by polymerization of mixtures of coumarone and indene (as those obtained from solvent naphtha) and used chiefly in coatings, paints, printing ink, and asphalt tile
— called also paracoumarone-indene resin
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?