could have fooled meidiom
Definition of could have fooled me
—used to say that something seems very surprising or doubtful based on one's own observations "He's an expert in his field." "Well, you sure could have fooled me!"
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game