Definition of cotton wilt
1 : a disease of cotton caused by the growth of a fungus (Fusarium vasinfectum) in the water-conducting vessels and characterized by wilting, yellowing, blighting, and death
2 : a blight of cotton caused by a fungus (Verticillium albo-atrum) and characterized by pale yellow mottled areas on the leaves
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game