Definition of cotton rust
1 : a disease of cotton caused by a rust fungus (Puccinia stakmanii) that produces slightly elevated greenish yellow or orange aecia chiefly on the undersurface of the leaves
2 : a potash-deficiency disease of cotton that produces a rusty brown color in the leaves
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?