cot·tle | \ ˈkätᵊl, -ätᵊl\
Definition of cottle
1 : a band or wall typically of clay that encircles an object to be molded and determines the outer extremity of the completed mold
2 : a cylinder usually of waterproof paper used for retaining plaster-of-paris slurry around a mold or form
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game