Definition of cost analysis
1 : the act of breaking down a cost summary into its constituents and studying and reporting on each factor
2 : the comparison of costs (as of standard with actual or for a given period with another) for the purpose of disclosing and reporting on conditions subject to improvement
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?