Definition of cosmopolitan justice
: a theory of criminal jurisdiction whereby any state having before it a criminal who has committed a grave offense anywhere in the world may punish the criminal without regard to the criminal's citizenship, the location of the crime, or what state was injured
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game