variants: or co-ruler
plural corulers or co-rulers
Definition of coruler
: someone who rules with another … they deposed him and put in his place his son, Stephen Dushan, who had until then served as coruler.— Cyril E. Black Such was the royal ardor that it took guilt over the death of his wife and co-ruler Queen Mary to end the affair.— Martin Rubin
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game