variants: or co-ruler
plural corulers or co-rulers
Definition of coruler
: someone who rules with another … they deposed him and put in his place his son, Stephen Dushan, who had until then served as coruler.— Cyril E. Black Such was the royal ardor that it took guilt over the death of his wife and co-ruler Queen Mary to end the affair.— Martin Rubin
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game