cor·ti·le | \ kȯrˈtēˌlā\
plural cortili\ -(ˌ)lē \
Definition of cortile
: an open courtyard enclosed by the walls of a building or buildings (as a cloister garth)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game