Definition of cordia
(Entry 1 of 2)
plural of cor
Cor·dia | \ ˈkȯ(r)dēə\
Definition of Cordia (Entry 2 of 2)
: a large genus of chiefly tropical shrubs and trees (family Boraginaceae) that have fleshy often edible fruits and wood varying from dense, heavy, and dark to spongy, light, and pale, that are often pleasantly scented, and that have considerable use in cabinetmaking and general construction
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game