Definition of coral tree
: any of numerous trees and shrubs constituting the genus Erythrina, having scarlet to coral red flowers and often bright red seeds, and being cultivated in warm regions as an ornamental: such as
a : a small thorny tree (E. indica) of tropical Asia and northern Australia
c : kaffir boom
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game