Definition of coral crab
1 : either of two large yellow or reddish spider crabs (Mithrax cornutus and M. hispidus) widely distributed in shallow water from the Carolinas to southern Brazil
2 : the queen crab and related forms
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game