co·quil·la nut | \ kəˈkiləˌ-, kōˈkē(l)yəˌ-\
Definition of coquilla nut
: the nut of a piassava palm (Attalea funifera) of Brazil having a hard hazel-brown shell much used like vegetable ivory by turners
Keep scrolling for more
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game