copy down/outphrasal verb
copied down/out; copying down/out; copies down/out
Definition of copy down/out
: to write down (words that one is hearing or reading) Are you copying all of this down? I copied out the equations on a piece of paper.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game