coop upphrasal verb
Definition of coop up
: to keep (a person or animal) inside a building or in a small space especially for a long period of time —usually used as (be) cooped up The children were cranky after being cooped up in the house all day.The dog is cooped up in a cage.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game