Definition of conversation chair
1 : a small upright chair with a padded top rail on the back originally designed in the 18th century for a man to sit in facing backwards astride the seat with his arms resting on the top rail
2 : a double chair designed so that two people can sit side by side but facing in opposite directions : tête-à-tête sense 2
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?