con·ti·nu·is·mo | \ kənˌtinəˈwiz(ˌ)mō\
Definition of continuismo
: the practice in some Latin-American countries of maintaining a chief executive in power beyond the legal term of office by such methods as amending the constitution or drafting a new one exempting the incumbent from the usual prohibition against reelection
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?