Definition of contingency method
: a statistical method for computing the probability of the joint occurrence of attributes (as blue eyes and blond hair) which do not admit of refined measurement but can be roughly grouped
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game