constitutum pos·ses·so·ri·um | \ -ˌpōzəˈsōrēəm, -sȯr-\
Definition of constitutum possessorium
: the change in intention of one having legal possession of real or personal property whereby the original possessor of the property remains in control but transfers the legal possession to another
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game