Definition of consignment store
: a store to which people bring items that they no longer want (such as old clothes, shoes, and equipment) to have them sold I brought some old clothes to a consignment store, and when they were sold I received a portion of the sale price.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?