consider oneself lucky/fortunateidiom
Definition of consider oneself lucky/fortunate
: to feel that one is fortunate (that something happened or didn't happen) He considered himself fortunate to come out of the ordeal with just a broken leg. Consider yourself lucky that you survived the accident.
showing great care, attention, and effort
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game