conservation of momentum
Definition of conservation of momentum
: a principle in physics: the total linear momentum of a system of particles not acted upon by external forces is constant in magnitude and direction irrespective of any reactions among the parts of the system
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?