con·el·rad | \ ˈkänᵊlˌrad, -ˌraa(ə)d\
Definition of conelrad
: a system for preventing an enemy from using radio signals from any particular AM station as a guide for aircraft or missiles by shifting all AM stations to either of the frequencies 640 or 1240 and having them broadcast in a group in random order for short intervals on only these frequencies
Keep scrolling for more
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game