con·el·rad | \ ˈkänᵊlˌrad, -ˌraa(ə)d\
Definition of conelrad
: a system for preventing an enemy from using radio signals from any particular AM station as a guide for aircraft or missiles by shifting all AM stations to either of the frequencies 640 or 1240 and having them broadcast in a group in random order for short intervals on only these frequencies
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game